Unlike in previous centuries when the communities of scholars were all members of few learned societies and similar institutions, there are no singular bodies or individuals who can be said today to speak for all science or all scientists.
Under ASE Science division communication between the members is established by disseminating research work and hypotheses through articles in peer reviewed journals, or by attending conferences, workshops where new research is presented and ideas exchanged and discussed. There are also many informal methods of communication of scientific work and results as well. And many in a coherent community may actually not communicate all of their work with one another, for various professional reasons.
The Science Division aims to be a leader in general science research. Annual conferences are held on a wide variety of scientifically based topics.
The current scope of the Science Division includes the following.
- Data Science
- Economic Computing
- Mobile Computing
- High-Performance Computing
- Biomedical Computing
- Information Assurance
SCIENCE DIVISION SPONSORED JOURNAL
The Science Division currently sponsors one premier journal -The SCIENCE Journal- to cover novel scientific findings in science fields.
SCIENCE DIVISION SPONSORED CONFERENCES
- The Second ASE International Conference on Big Data Science and Computing
- The Sixth ASE International Conference on Social Computing
- The Third ASE International Conference on Cyber Security
- The Third ASE International Conference on Big Data Science and Computing
- The Seventh ASE International Conference on Social Computing
- The Second ASE International Conference on Economic Computing
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, USA, December 15-19, 2014
- The Fourth ASE International Conference on Big Data
- The Third ASE International Conference on Social Informatics
- The Sixth ASE International Conference on Privacy, Security, Risk and Trust
- The Third ASE International Conference on BioMedical Computing
Washington D.C. September 8-14, 2013
Orlando, Florida, December 10-15, 2013
Washington D.C. December 14-16, 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, September 3-5, 2012
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA, October 9-11, 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota, MN, USA, August 20-22, 2010
Vancouver, Canada, August 29-31, 2009