Why Join ASE?
- Join ASE to connect with science, engineering, education, and humanity fields. ASE provides a way to nurture the value of your profession.
- ASE supports its mission to foster technological innovation and excellence for the benefit of humanity.
- To promote the social networking of ASE members, ASE provide free services to the science, engineering, education, and humanity society.
Membership in ASE is open to individuals who by education or experience give evidence of competence in a science, engineering, education, and humanity fields. ASE offers the following community of membership: ASE K-12 Community, ASE University Student Community , ASE Academic Cluster, ASE Professional Hub, ASE Industry Forum, and ASE Research Pentagon.
- A Student Member must carry at least 50% of a normal full-time academic program as a registered undergraduate or graduate student in a regular course of study in a science and engineering field.
- ASE Academic Cluster is limited to those who currently work at an academic unit including college, university, k-12 teachers.
- ASE Industry Forum is limited to those who currently work at industries.
- ASE Professional Hub is limited to those who has received a four year university-level or higher degree from an accredited institution and starts a professional work experience engaged in teaching, creating, developing, practicing or managing in a science, engineering, humanity and education field. ASE Professional Hub is an opportunity for professional, government sector employees to network, interact, exchange ideas, inspire, motivate and empower.
- ASE Research Pentagon is high level research community for researchers and scientists in science, engineering, humanity and education fields. The collaboration between the academic, government sector employees and corporate communities creates a synergy unsurpassed in the scientific arena.
Fellow Member Grade
- The grade of Fellow Member requires experience reflecting professional maturity. For admission or transfer to the grade of Fellow Member, a candidate shall be an engineer, scientist, educator, technical executive, or originator in a science, engineering, education, or humanity field.
- The candidate shall have been in professional practice for at least ten years and shall have shown significant performance over those years, such performance including one or more of the following: (a) Substantial responsibility or achievement in one or more of a science, engineering, education, or humanity field; (b) Publication of papers, books, or inventions in one or more of science, engineering, education, or humanity fields; (c) Technical direction or management of important work with evidence of accomplishment in one or more of science, engineering, education, or humanity fields; or (d) Contributions equivalent to those of (a) to (c) in science, engineering, education, or humanity areas.
Academian Member Grade
The grade of Academian recognizes special distinction in the profession and is conferred only by invitation of the ASE Board of Directors upon a person with an extraordinary record of accomplishments in a science, engineering, education, or humanity field.
Benefits of ASE Members
- As an ASE member, you can freely access information on various articles, presentation, speeches published by ASE.
- As an ASE member, you can join the program committee or reviewers of ASE sponsored conferences and editorial board members or reviewers of ASE sponsored journals.
- As an ASE member, you will receive a discount rate when you register ASE sponsored conferences.
- As an ASE member, you can propose a new symposium or a workshop affiliated with existing conferences.
- As an ASE member, you will have opportunities to be promoted to the ASE FELLOW and ASE ACADEMIAN and other special recognitions according their significance of contribution to the fields of science, engineering, education, and humanity.
- As an ASE member, you will have opportunities to be selected as an ASE SOCIAL STAR.